Introduction to REST API
These section describes how you can send your first browser push notification using curl calls.
Before you can start using the API, you need to do the following:
- Create a Webpushr account.
- Copy your site specific API Key & Authentication Token from Integration > API Keys menu.
- Make sure you have curl installed on your server.
Note that curl comes standard on Mac operating systems.
This REST API can be used to:
- Send web push notification to all subscribers, a particular segment, or an individual subscriber.
- Check status of a web push notification campaign
Basic Elements of API Call
Your API call must have the following components:
- Base URL. The Base URL for API requests is always https://app.webpushr.com/api/v1
- An Authorization Header
webpushrAuthTokenwithin the Authorization Header
- A Request. When submitting data to a resource via POST, you must submit your payload in JSON.